Rockstar Games is working out things with immense effort to bring gamers a new level on online gameplay. You will be able to enter the world of GTA V with up to 16 players in which you can do anything from cruise around going shopping with your friends to take on many of the activities (such as heists) you take part in during single player with these activities being unique but still having the same concept like picking a crew (crew members) to complete the heist with friends. GTA Online with also feature classic online multiplayer events like races and CTF (Capture the Flag) which has been rumored to have a very fun spin on it.
It truly says something about a developer when they release a game with no online in it yet since they are confident in knowing you will thoroughly enjoy the single player experience while getting used to the gameplay to prepare for online while Rockstar tries to perfect it when it is available this October 1st, 2013.
- Grand Theft Auto Online that will be released is something entirely new with a full on world where things are taking place in a manner like never before online becoming a living world which most importantly will let the player grow and take shape over time in correspondence with the online world.
- Players will actually be in control of the shape of GTA Online along with how things change, the decisions you make will determine certain outcomes in the world even down to things you do not like as oppose to things you do and play more of. This will all effect how the game develops.
- Every single thing the player does in the game will act as a form of feedback to the developers. In addition not only will this determine certain things like updates as well as future content (DLC) but you can further more take part in feedback by contacting Rockstar on opinions or ideas, etc. Contact Rockstar here: GTAOnline@rockstargames.com for feedback after the GTA Online launch.
- Rockstar plans to be up to date, releasing a constant stream of new content, tweaks, updates, etc. The first couple of weeks will be heavily focused on tuning the experience as it goes from internal testing to the reality of being played by the public to try to perfect online (making it smooth, with no glitches, bugs, etc.). Even with certain issues like the iFruit companion App not always working the way it should, while Android and Windows phones await a release, Rockstar Games are on top of these things making the GTA V experience the top priority with everyone focused on making all aspects of the game (as well as its companion apps) run smoothly ASAP. So if a bug is discovered by you, then use the contact email above to let Rockstar know.
- Once everything technical is running smooth, Rockstar Games will begin releasing content updates and even giving you the opportunity to make your own content!
Here are some of the things you can take part in when in an open/private lobby of up to 16 players:
- Open World Crime and Chaos: Catch a movie, go mountain biking, hit the shooting range and much more with a friend(s) or by yourself. Want to test the law? Knock over a convenience store, take down a gang or rob an armored truck for easy cash and Reputation.
- Jobs: Los Santos and Blaine County are packed with a huge amount of things you can take part in to earn money. From missions to a wide variety of other jobs played once again on your own or you can team up with your Crew or join fellow mercenaries and degenerates to pull off a wide range of robberies and illicit activities together.
- Races: You’ve got street races and off-road tracks to boat racing in the pacific, or take to the skies in aerial events. GTA Online will offer a brand new race type called ‘Rally’, where driver and co-pilot work together to navigate treacherous courses at high speeds.
- Sports: Join your friends or any random stranger for a game of tennis, golf or base jumping and among other activities, for cash and Reputation.
- Customization: Create your character and earn cash to spend it getting new threads to wear. You can also collect and customize cars for your garage and personalize your full weapons cache.
How Reputation works in GTA Online, straight from Rockstar Games:
Reputation and Cash Flow: Reputation is earned from all your online exploits in everything you do in GTA Online – and will help you rank up, providing access to new features, weapons and criminal contacts. Spend cash you’ve gained on cars, clothes, guns, properties and much more. You can either quickly accumulate cash through profitable activities like knocking over armored cars, winning street races, doing stick-ups or a host of other cash-making endeavors – or if you’re the completely instant gratification type, you can choose to buy denominations of GTA$. You will have the option to purchase GTA$ through the in-game Store. The game and its economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game. You don’t have to spend real money to attain the cars, guns, clothes, flash and style of a high-roller in Los Santos, but can if you wish to get them a little quicker. The economy is balanced differently from the single player economy, and cash earned in one cannot be taken over to the other. Most players will earn cash much faster Online than in Story Mode.
DLC and Day One/Future Content
Now there will be DLC for sale which will include different things including mode and online features as well as clothing/weapons/etc. Some of it will be free of charge while other future content will obviously cost money. The first set of online content for GTA V Online has been announced and will be 100% free. Here it is:
- The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races. (Create your own custom Deathmatch Games, from map placement to where weapons & vehicles will spawn)
- The Beach Bum DLC Pack: Featuring 4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.
- Capture the Flag: GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator. (Create your own custom Game of CTF)
- Heists: This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.
In-game Cash Cards purchasable with real money or game money:
- $100,000 Red Shark Cash Card – $3.00/£1.99
- $200,000 Tiger Shark Cash Card – $5.00/£3.49
- $500,000 Bull Shark Cash Card – $10.00/£6.99
- $1,250,000 Great White Shark Cash Card – $20.00/£13.49
There you have it! Owners of the Collector’s Edition of the game will get playable characters from previous GTA Games like Nikolia from GTA IV while they may also get an online vehicle. You will have your own apartment where you may invite up to 16 players to as well as online Garages. If you would like to donate a Collector’s Edition code for the Xbox 360, I am sure we can accommodate you with some item(s) in the GamersBliss Swag Vault. Otherwise we will see you on October 1st. Join our Rockstar crew (we will have extra things from importing from Max Payne 3) Join the GamersBliss Rockstar Crew now! More Screens below…