Crysis 3 will actually have two separate patches with the first being the 1.1 Patch that will require you to download it via Xbox Live/PSN/Origin (PC) Update which is what we are used to. The second is Data Patch B which will be updated behind the scenes with no download or physical update required on your end. These patches being released by Crytek will fix numerous bugs in single player campaign as well as online multiplayer modes. Here are the patch notes for the latest Crysis 3 update but before you read the all the fixes you may want to listen to the entire Crysis 3 Soundtrack in its entirety below, all 1 hour and 19 minutes of it.
- Fix for users getting stuck in the Pinger
- Fix for Flashbang/Smoke grenade reactions not displaying in Kill Cam
- Fix for crosshair becoming invisible after certain actions
- Fixes for squads joining and disconnecting from servers
- Fix for players being unable to fire or reload occasionally
- Fix for users occasionally being able to hear VTOL damage siren constantly
- Weapons retrieved from the ground now have the correct attachments
- Fix for players getting stuck if ripping HMG off VTOL during destruction
- Fix for being unable to detonate C4 after host migration on consoles
- Fix for game not ending correctly if last opponent triggers a host migration
- Fix for issue where sometimes rip and throw weapons would not deal damage in smoke grenades
- Fix for relay in CTR becoming stuck if picking up relay during shotgun reload
- Fix for icons disappearing occasionally in CTR
- Fix for players occasionally spawning with wrong loadout in Assault (PC Only)
- Last Man Standing no longer displayed in Hunter for players that have just died
- Fixed issue with teams during host migration in Hunter/Assault
- Significant optimisation to Medium detail settings (PC Only)
- Particle optimisation (PC Only)
Single Player also receives the following fixes:
- Fix for crash when loading a checkpoint under certain circumstances during <final sequences of the game>
- Fix for the player not being able to pass the first hacking challenge in Jailbreak if the “melee” action is assigned on the “F” key
- Fix for the Hammer pistol laser pointer attachment not being unlocked after completing Jailbreak which prevented players from reaching 100% completion
- Fix for rare bug at the end of the River mission which resulted in the player losing most of their inventory, the possibility to pick-up items and the bow
- Fix for lack of feedback sounds when the player pickups ammo from weapons on the floor
Data Patch B:
- Melee whilst sliding damage reduced to match patch A’s melee damage
- Typhoon mid range damage reduction
- Bow sensitivity reduced to match Assault Scope values on PS3/X360 as they have similar zoom values. PC remains as before
- SCAR+Laser long distance effectiveness reduced.
- Threat Awareness module levelling targets reduced to 3/10 enemy C4’s destroyed
- Potential fix for “Incoming!” Skill Assessment not levelling up correctly
- Fix for Social Challenge skill assessments not being tracked correctly
The below image indicates that you have Data Patch B installed (at the bottom left of your main multiplayer screen).
If you can not see it and the patch is live, chances are your copy of the game didn’t manage to download and verify it in time. Simply return to the Single Player menu and click back into Multiplayer or restart the game, entering MP will usually resolve the issue as it will have been downloaded already but not verified.
If you do not have the patch you will be unable to play against players who do, so you may have less matches available to your (or no official dedicated servers on PC). This is very unlikely to happen and can be resolved by returning to the Single Player menu and back to Multi Player.
Some users have had problems downloading these data patches, usually due to Anti-Virus or Proxy issues, so if you have persistent problems, check this thread out for more information: http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=59915
Data Patch B should now be live for all platforms, while Patch 1.1 is live for the PC and should be live for consoles now as well.
Note: We have identified an issue in Patch 1.1 where the Dog Tags screen in Player Profile will show you having less dog tags than before the patch, this will affect all platforms when the patch goes live. We have identified the issue and have a fix in place but there will be a period of time before this can be rolled out. This only affects the dogtags in the 5th and 6th categories in the Dog Tags screen.
It is important to note that this is a UI issue rather than you actually losing your dogtags, the game still knows what you have/haven’t unlocked but is not correctly displaying them.