The Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition from 2k Games was announced not to long ago but now we know all the details, and if you are a fan of the series, boy are they some good ones. Included in the Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition, will be Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2, with all of the added content/DLC for both games including singleplayer and multiplayer. If you think that is all you are getting you are far from right as it also includes a previously unreleased Museum level for Bioshock, previously unreleased concept artwork; some never making it into the game, along with an Exclusive Bioshock Infinite sticker set only to be found in this very special combo pack. You also can’t forget about content that was previously only available on the Playstation 3 version of the game which will now be available for the Xbox 360 version. The best part about this is the price as this collection will only run you $29.99.
Even if you have played one of the titles and not the other, this collection is still worth it with it giving you over $40 worth of DLC. This includes 5 add-on packs for Bioshock 2. It will be out this January 14th, 2013 for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 in North America with it presumably heading to the UK for a release as well. The next title in the franchise; Bioshock Infinite will be out March 26th for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC. To get you as informed as possible, let us run down the list of exactly what the Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition includes:
- BioShock: Full game
- BioShock 2: Full game (with multiplayer introduced)
- Museum of Orphaned and Other Concept Art: Never before seen BioShock early concept art, character models and more.
- Museum of Orphaned Level: Never before played museum level in Rapture.
- Plasmids Pack: Includes four new Plasmids and Gene Tonics such as Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster for BioShock.
- Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously only available on the Playstation 3 version, now playable for Xbox 360 for the first time. You must survive three puzzle rooms in BioShock in the halls of Rapture.
- Sinclair Solutions Tester: Customizations for BioShock 2 multiplayer modes.
- Rapture Metro: Six new multiplayer maps, a new multiplayer mode and a level cap increase to 50 for BioShock 2 online.
- The Protector Trials: A unique fast-paced, combat mode designed to get players to master weapons and Plasmid techniques in BioShock 2 singleplayer with six maps to play on.
- Minerva’s Den: Play as Subject Sigma with new characters and locations as you play a new storyline set in Rapture Central Computing.
- Bioshock Infinite Exclusive Collectable Sticker Pack