Zelda is one of the largest fan favorite series in the world of gaming. This game holds the attention of a large audience and by doing some fans get really attached to the series. It is like an emotional involvement to some players and a way of life to others; these players who love the series love to find out everything there is to know about each and every Zelda game. No matter how involved a fan is with the series it is simply impossible to find out everything there is to know about Links adventures. Here is a small list of fast facts about the series that even the most dedicated of players may not have known!
- The fairy fountain theme from Ocarina of Time can also be heard as the theme in the Overworld level on World 3 in Super Mario Bros 3. Just as the warp whistle plays the same melody as the opening scene of Ocarina of Time.
- In Super Smash Bros Brawl, the cartoon version of both Zelda and Sheik were planned to be playable characters but where cut out during the games development. These two characters were planned to be accompanied by a number of other characters who were also cut out of development including Roy, MewTwo and Dr. Mario.
- In the year 2002 Zelda Wind Waker held the most pre-orders in history.
- There are very few Zelda games where Link speaks. He speaks in Wind Waker by stating “Come on!” Twilight Princess saying, “Giddy-up” and other than that his ‘voice’ has spoken through text boxes in The Adventure of Link. Other than those few verbally spoken words, Link has remained saying little to nothing or making noises when in combat or injured.
- Final Fantasy 1, as well as, Zelda 2 both has grave stones with the protagonist from Dragon Quest III name on them.
- The Great Deku Tree from Ocarina of Time was said to be made reference to the tree that use magic to protect the forest in Castlevania Lord of Shadow called “Great Dekuh”. The “Great Dekuh” was cured by the Dark Lords in Castlevania.
- The only game that the Octorok enemies only do not appear in one Zelda game which is Twilight Princess.
- The only Zelda game that was first released on two consoles was Twilight Princess. It was available for the Nintendo GameCube and Wii upon the games release date.
- Ocarina of Time is possible to beat in less than 22 minutes by a glitch that takes the player from the Great Deku Tree straight to escaping the castle.
- If you listen to the main title theme in Zelda: Skyward Sword backwards it will be Zelda’s lullaby.
- In the earliest development of The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time they had thought to make the game in the same structure of Super Mario 64. They thought this in fear of having a game too large for the Nintendo 64. The earliest development can be seen in the end battle of the Forest Temple.
- The second row of masks in the inventory of Majora’s Mask shows a resemblance to the main characters on StarFox; First mask being Fox, second Falcon, third Peppy, fourth Slippy and fifth Pigma.
If you have any great facts about The Legend of Zelda series please share your knowledge in the comment box below!