What do players want, Need for Speed: The Run 2 or Most Wanted 2?

Need For Speed

**Update: This article was written before the announcement of Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012).

The Need for Speed franchise is indisputably a long running series. It has had its ups and downs and fans have been left both disappointed, as well as impressed. For a series that has taken its cars from street racing to track racing and then back again to street racing, fans are beginning to wonder what come next. It has been announced that Need for Speed will get an annual yearly release but that doesn’t completely confirm what racing type the yearly titles will be centered around. Although speculation about the next title being either a sequel to Need for Speed: The Run or Need for Speed: Most Wanted quickly arose with other Need for Speed titles in the mix, Most Wanted 2 seemed to have had concrete indication as to being the next installment to the Need for Speed series. With that being said is Most Wanted 2 really what fans of the series want or would they have preferred a sequel to the dramatic 2011 hit, Need for Speed: The Run?

Need for Speed: Most wanted was one of the best Need for Speed games of all time. It took what made the Need for Speed series what is it and utilized nearly every aspect of previous game to make Need for Speed: Most Wanted the best game it could be. It was considered to be much more “open-world” then what players saw in The Run with some of the most exciting police chases to date. The way the player was able to take control and climb their way up the blacklist was phenomenal, the game felt as if the player was in complete control at all times. Need for Speed: Most Wanted also offered a story line which forced players to want to beat their next opponent. There was vendetta attached to certain foes and when it all came down to it the player was automatically left satisfied. Need for Speed: Most Wanted was a classic example of a Need for Speed title that was executed nearly perfectly for the fan base it appealed to. Making a sequel off of this game would only be presented as a challenge in terms of the name EA would have to make the game live up to.

Need for Speed: The Run was the first turn for the series in years. Before the release of Need for Speed: The Run players took part in many Need for Speed titles that was just another track racing game. Once Need for Speed: The Run was announced players were pleased to see the series going back to their roots and taking the race back to the streets. The game turned out to be very linear compared to Most Wanted. The open world feel was gone but the story was enhanced. In The Run, players took the role of an actual character for the first time in the series. They got to know him and why he was doing what he was. He got stuck in many unfortunate circumstances and some very exciting cut scene/ button mashing sequences made Need for Speed: The Run very exciting. The drawback of The Run came down to not being able to control when and how you got into the police chase. What Most Wanted did so perfectly was leaving the police chases up to the player with a set bounty on which they needed to get to the next level. In Need for Speed The Run, each aspect of the game went in one direction and all ended up the same.

So which game would you prefer a sequel to? Is it Need for Speed: Most Wanted or Need for Speed: The Run? Did your favorite Need for Speed title not make our comparison? If not leave a comment below describing where you think EA should take the series. Your opinion matters to us. Don’t forget if you have any questions you wish to be asked about the game at E3 this year, feel free to leave a comment in the box below and we will do our best to get you the answer.

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati
Author: Heather Spears View all posts by

54 Comments on "What do players want, Need for Speed: The Run 2 or Most Wanted 2?"

1. billibob May 22, 2012 at 3:23 pm - Reply

Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2

• KEENAN February 23, 2013 at 11:24 pm - Reply

I WANT THE RUN 2 BECAUSE IN THE END JACK GETS THE OFFER IF HE WANTS TO DOUBLE IS MONY SO THE 2ND ONE SHOULD LEAVE OFF THERE

2. Person May 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm - Reply

Sorry but Underground 3 is still on my #1 list
    Most Wanted 2 is #2 and the run can dissapear.

3. xino May 22, 2012 at 5:33 pm - Reply

Most Wanted 2 or hot Pursuit 2.

4. Auld May 22, 2012 at 6:25 pm - Reply

I want Most wanted 2, I think if they combined the style and gameplay of Hot Pursuit (HP) with the story of most wanted we would have a winner. At least that’s what I was thinking as I was playing HP. How the run is even considered “a critical hit” is beyond me.

5. Cannon Fodder May 22, 2012 at 8:11 pm - Reply

Underground 3, please. Most Wanted 2 can come out afterward if it wants.

6. Tanveer June 5, 2012 at 8:00 am - Reply

Most wanted 2……
    Plzzzzzz……

7. wahhab June 30, 2012 at 12:38 pm - Reply

need for speed the run is good need for speed most wanted is good they all the same because it is need for speed

8. wazzup July 6, 2012 at 10:04 pm - Reply

how about a combination an awsome story line with more out of the car interaction, nut with the open wolrd affect to it i think it would be nice. i have love both games since the ps2 most wnated game came out

• wazzup July 6, 2012 at 10:06 pm - Reply

by the way i beat The Run litteraly 5 minutes ago i think it was definitly worth the time!!!!!!!

9. NFS July 15, 2012 at 4:30 pm - Reply

need for speed the run 2!!!!! best game so far!!!!!!!!! really loved the story, had an adrenalin rush all the time so plss, NFS the run 2!

10. Omiwan316 July 18, 2012 at 12:52 pm - Reply

I’d love to See Jack from the Run getting chased down by Cross from Most Wanted, hell even a story based game where your Cross chasing down racers

11. Matt July 29, 2012 at 9:39 pm - Reply

Most Wanted 3 with DLC of NFS Underground

12. Xx_PRATER_xX August 7, 2012 at 6:50 am - Reply

I think that if u combined most wanted 2 and nfs the run 2 and added customization; for instance body work, rims, doors, aerodynamics, pretty much like nfs underground 2 stuff and keep the story line goin wit jack and more police chases and all different types of exotics, american made, european made, pretty all cars that have been made for the whole world it would probly be the best game of the year!!!! and try to make it a lil bit longer story line like a 2 disc game. Also make it to where u can interact wit the character wit their cars and houses, apartments, mansions, ( any type of living houses) would be great. and again would be the BEST GAME OF THE YEAR that will dominate. That’s what EA should do in my opinion.

13. OsamaBinJackin August 16, 2012 at 8:13 am - Reply

THE RUN 2! with more focus online

14. N.F.S August 25, 2012 at 8:44 pm - Reply

I wish that they combine between most wanted and The Run… they continue the story of jack deciding to double down after his final conversation with Sam… but a game with and open world.. not too linear… Street racing.. police chase… And with a longer story line because The run was really too short…

15. kahseemcrook October 1, 2012 at 2:16 pm - Reply

NFS THE RUN 2.3.AND 4

16. Carl October 7, 2012 at 2:37 am - Reply

NFS Most Wanted 2.

17. pocketrocket_05 October 12, 2012 at 10:16 am - Reply

the run online is the best one online hands down. how you can steal a race at the finish line is amazing

18. Toner October 16, 2012 at 8:46 pm - Reply

NFS The RUN

19. Kit October 22, 2012 at 5:24 am - Reply

The Run was a waste of excellent handling dynamics and some really fun between-racing action. I hope this fail isn’t revisited ever!

Jim Girgenti October 22, 2012 at 7:46 am - Reply

I agree, but you didn’t hear it from me.. :\ Can’t WAIT FOR THE NEW MOST WANTED!

20. Josh October 26, 2012 at 3:44 am - Reply

Both games are good but player want to mod ther car look enigne the hole 9 yards so if the run u leved you car some how or somthing like winning upgrades on cars grafiks paint. Most wanted need need more mods to kids play the forza all to mod cares and need for speed made unleashed it sold good for that reson but they all want it to be in the street. “Hit braking rules” aka cops chases…
    Personally they need to add drifting races on most wanted

• Josh October 26, 2012 at 4:04 am - Reply

I agree with prater maybe not combined part tho but have all that stuff on most wanted… And on another note the run the player dose not have control of anything need to have more options on races…. And one thing more compleately off subject NFS need to make a online game that you upgrade cars, cars looks too, and a way to organize that is you can only race in serten grades of your car aka tears just a sugestion play plz plz consider I would buy that game over and over every year hell you all could make it like… EA do you all want to make a lot more money with NSF you chould email me

21. Chris October 31, 2012 at 10:47 am - Reply

I got my vote on The Run. I was a big fan of the Most Wanted series…. in high school. That being said, I’m not sure if I enjoyed The Run more because I’ve grown up since Most Wanted.

Most Wanted really only did have the thrill of being a cop and chasing a cop for me that The Run didn’t have. That’s why I feel that it grasped my attention more when I was in my youth.

The Run on the other hand, beautiful graphics, beautiful story and the button mashing sequence was a hit! I think the only thing The Run was missing was being able to be a cop.

My money’s on The Run. It might be better for them to separate the gap further apart from the most recent Most Wanted to the newest. Everybody’s got the story of The Run fresh in their brains and quite frankly I super excited for the story to continue where it had left off. My only major complaint with The Run was the length of the game. Double it at least and it could be their best release to date.

22. Youri94 October 31, 2012 at 6:02 pm - Reply

The run 2, so that they can fix the flaws an make it a real hit

23. Emil November 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm - Reply

Need for speed most wanted 2

24. Sinny November 11, 2012 at 4:16 am - Reply

THE RUN 2. I don’t know how you can outdo the first Run though, maybe just another game with a story. The new Most Wanted it out and it has no story…its just Burnout Paradise and its disappointing.

25. michael November 24, 2012 at 8:10 am - Reply

Need for speed the run 2

26. Jimmy Lee December 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm - Reply

LISTEN TO THIS COMMENT PLEASE & I HOPE YOU RESPOND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE …!!!!!
    FIRST OFF MY ANSWER IS: I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A CONTINUATION OR(“SEQUEL”) TO NEED FOR SPEED 1
    NFS 1 IN MY OPINION, WAS BY FAR, THE BEST NFS GAME EVER MADE TO THIS DATE.. WHY? BECAUSE IT HAD A TOP NOTCH STORY CAMPAIGN, THAT CAPTIVATED YOU & KEPT YOU INVOLVED!!!! NOT ONLY IN THE BEGINNING, BUT THE MIDDLE, THE END & ALL IN BETWEEN..
    YOU HAD THE ABILITY OF CHOOSING 1 CAR (STOCK), HAVING FULL CUSTOMIZATION RIGHTS THAT UNLOCKED GRADUALLY, AS THE GAME WENT THROUGH IT’S CAMPAIGN. YOU COULD CUSTOMIZE FROM PERFORMANCE, TO PARTS, TO VISUALS, & ALL IN BETWEEN. SURE YOU COULD WIN OTHER CARS OR BUY THEM AS YOUR MONEY INCREASED, BUT MOSTLY PEOPLE JUST STUCK WITH THE CAR THAT THEY CHOSE STOCK FROM THE BEGINNING, BECAUSE THAT WAS THEIR BABY. THEY WERE FAMILIAR WITH IT, & INVESTED SO MUCH OF THEIR TIME & MONEY INTO IT.

THE STORY WAS AMAZING!! & IT WAS NOT A SHORT CAMPAIGN WHICH WAS AWESOME. LENGTH IN A CAMPAIGN IS A GOOD THING. THE ELEMENT OF CROSS & THE POLICE FORCE COMBINED WITH ALL THE DRAMA & EXCITEMENT OF THE UNDERGROUND BLACKLIST, IN MY EYES JUST ABSOLUTELY NAILED IT DOWN AS THE GREATEST STREET RACING GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED.

NOW IF EVERYBODY REMEMBERS THE STORY OF NFS MOST WANTED 1. THEY ARE SURE TO REMEMBER THAT AT THE END OF THE GAME, THE MOST WANTED RACER ESCAPES CROSS & HIS TASK FORCE BY HITTING THE HUGE JUMP & GETTING AWAY. YOU THEN SEE CROSS ACTIVATE HIS COMPUTER THEN HE PUTS OUT A “NATIONAL” WARRANT FOR THE MOST WANTED RACER. THIS OBVIOUSLY LEADS US ON TO THINK, THAT EA WAS GOING TO CONTINUE THE STORY INTO SOMETHING EVEN MORE BAD A_ _.

I MEAN THINK ABOUT IT. HERE ARE SOME IDEAS THAT WOULD OF MADE TOTAL SENSE & WOULD WORK NOW & I THINK SHOULD BE GIVEN SERIOUS CONSIDERATION. AFTER THE HUGE JUMP AT THE END OF THE FIRST GAME, THE RACER GOES ON THE RUN. (“NO PUN INTENDED”) BUT HE GOES ON THE RUN THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES ENDING UP IN ANOTHER CITY & STATE, WHO KNOWS MAYBE EVEN INTO ANOTHER COUNTRY.
    BUT NEVER THE LESS CROSS ACTS ON THE WARRANT THAT HE PUT OUT IN THE FIRST GAME & ESTABLISHES A HUGE AUTHORITY FORCE THAT WOULD TRY TO HUNT DOWN THE RACER.
    ALL THE WHILE HE HAS A RUN IN WITH SOME OLD FOES FROM HIS PAST, LIKE MAYBE SOME OF THE MORE ADVANCED DRIVERS FROM THE OLD BLACKLIST, WHO ARE HOLDING GRUDGES OR MAYBE SINCE WE SEE RAZOR BEING ARRESTED IN THE FIRST GAME YOU CONTINUE IT BY HAVING RAZOR TO HAVE BEEN DOING TIME IN THE ROCKPORT PENITENTIARY & WHILE ON THE INSIDE, HE COMMUNICATES WITH A BROTHER OR A COUSIN, OR EVEN LIKE A BEST FRIEND WHO OWES HIM A HUGE FAVOR & VOWS HIS FRIENDS REVENGE BY GETTING TOGETHER HIS OWN BLACKLIST THUS LEAVING TONS OF OPPORTUNITY FOR THE NEW “REAL” CONTINUATION OF NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED.

REALLY ALL I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE LOVED THE FIRST NFS MW BECAUSE OF IT’S ELEMENTS. THE FREE OPEN WORLD & DRIVING AS WELL AS ALL THE OTHER THINGS THAT I HAVE MENTIONED & SINCE 2005 WHEN MOST WANTED CAME OUT ALL THE OTHER TITLES SINCE, ALTHOUGH SOME HAVE HAD THEIR GREAT THINGS ABOUT THEM NONE, OF THEM HAVE EVEN CAME CLOSE TO THE FIRST MOST WANTED & I THINK THAT THERE IS NO HOPE FOR NEED FOR SPEED IF THEY ABANDON THE OPEN WORLD STREET RACING ASPECT.
    THEY NEED FULL IN YOUR FACE CONTACT WITH THE CUSTOMIZATION, THE CAMPAIGN NEEDS TO BE LONG & VERY DESCRIPTIVE, CARRYING THE PLAYER THROUGH THE GAME SO THAT WE CAN SEE AND FEEL WHAT IS GOING ON NOT JUST RACING TO A BUNCH OF NUMBERS & TIMES. THE STEERING CONTROL NEEDS TO REMAIN LIKE IT WAS IN THE FIRST MOST WANTED & HOW IT IS NOW IN THE LATEST MOST WANTED. BY THE WAY THE NEW MOST WANTED IS A GREAT GAME I LOVE IT. IT’S NOT IN MY EYES WHAT MOST WANTED WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OR WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE, BUT ITS STILL AN AWESOME GAME. WELL I HAVE SAID EVERYTHING THAT I WANTED TO SAY NOW FOR YEARS & I HOPE THAT YOU GUYS WILL TAKE SOME SERIOUS CONSIDERATION INTO THE THINGS I HAVE SAID TODAY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME & OH YEAH BY THE WAY.

I THINK THAT IF YOU DO DECIDE TO CONTINUE THE ORIGINAL STORYLINE & GAME OF THE FIRST NFS MW. I THINK IT WOULD BE WITHIN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO GIVE RIGHTS BACK TO EA FOR THIS TITLE. I’M NOT SAYING SEVER TIES WITH CRITERION BUT I BELIEVE YOUR TRUE SUCCESS FOR NEED FOR SPEED, WHETHER IT BE MOST WANTED OR ANY OTHER TITLES FOR THAT MATTER COME WITH EA. I BELIEVE THAT EA HAD IT RIGHT OBVIOUSLY & YOU GUYS GOT WAY OFF TRACK WHEN YOU LET CRITERION TAKE CONTROL. THATS MY OPINION, I DO NOT KNOW HOW ALL OF THAT STUFF WORKS BUT I DO KNOW THAT EA IS JUST GREAT & YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE THEM DEVELOP IT FOR YOU IF NOT HAVE MAJORITY RIGHTS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?????

27. nico January 6, 2013 at 8:11 am - Reply

need for speed THE RUN j’ai adorer l’histoire puy sa change des courses dans les villes… c’est toujours des nouveaux virages des nouvelle route des nouvelles surface de roulage …… les most wanted, underground etc sont tous pareil toujours fermer dans une ville ….. sa deviens pénible

28. dazza January 11, 2013 at 8:40 pm - Reply

Dazzgt. They should do another NFS PRO STREET that was the best game they made I still play it now.

29. Kris Perkins January 20, 2013 at 3:56 pm - Reply

I would love a part 2 to the Run n take Jack on another cross country quest !!!

30. Joetaco January 31, 2013 at 1:52 am - Reply

I love both NFS the run & NFS most wanted, the way the virtual driving is! However, I dislike the fact that you cannot be in complete control of your vehicles appearance like NFS carbon or Most Wanted. In my opinion, I think that what keeps gamers comming back is to make the fantasy world feel more in your control. I hope this next game old fashioned like NFS underground 2 or carbon and most wanted.
    Man oh man do I miss those mountain races from Carbon.

31. Shan February 2, 2013 at 9:58 pm - Reply

just beat the run – best game ever !!!
    This actually had a story line compared to just driving around looking for races or cars like most wanted. Please make a Need for Speed – The Run 2 !!!!!.

32. KEENAN February 23, 2013 at 11:47 pm - Reply

i think that the run 2 sam should be the leader of the mob and jack wants revenge because she took his money and he findes out that the run was a trap and that she was mad when she finds out he wasn`t dead. The run 2 shoud start in new york and end in mexico and in betwen the police and the mod are boxing him in on every turn he makes

33. Joshua Thornton February 28, 2013 at 4:38 pm - Reply

I say let there be both The Run 2 and Most Wanted 2. I love racing games and you can’t have one without the other

34. JC March 3, 2013 at 9:51 pm - Reply

NFS RUN 2, across EUROPE!

35. Darroll Gibson Jr March 29, 2013 at 9:37 am - Reply

To be honest either one would be great!!! The only thing u wish both of them have is the free roaming and the option to be able to drive to your missions and a great story line with tricks and surprises and some what of the gameplay like in the run… And to be able to get back in touch with tuning your car it’s like u have gotten away from that… But im sure Need for Speed will come back with a great game like always

36. Charles B April 3, 2013 at 4:37 pm - Reply

Need for Speed Most Wanted 2 is good for cop chases. But I would Love to see a Need for Speed The Run 2. Criterion Games / EA Black Box should continue the story with Jack. Just make the story better. I like the idea of seeing the character being chase outside the car, not just racing. It gave the game new life of taking the story of racing chasing to new levels.
    NFS Most wanted gets 5 Stars, NFS The Run gets 4.5 Stars.
    So the next installment would be nice NFS The Run 2.

Best Need for Speed Games:
    1) Most Wanted 1
    2) UnderCover
    3) The Run
    4) Most Wanted 2

The Worst Need for Speed Games:
    1) Hot Pursuit 1
    2) Carbon
    3) Hot Pursuit 2

In the Middle Need for Speed Games:
    1) Shift 1
    2) Shift 2 Unleashed

37. lowlight April 4, 2013 at 7:23 am - Reply

nfs the run was pure genius…..was the closest thing to the fast and furious movies ..frostbite 2 engine was genius…

after finishing the game the overall experience was saying this was awsome. The run 2 would be epic.

38. tracie April 5, 2013 at 5:45 pm - Reply

I think nfs the run 2 like at the end when he had a chance to double the money if theres a cut scene they should make a part 2 neva leave a scene hanging if your not going to do a sequel.

39. wolfoi April 13, 2013 at 9:36 am - Reply

most wanted 2 is out its called carbon

40. DraKing May 10, 2013 at 3:12 pm - Reply

I mean i love NFS THE RUN and NFS Most Wanted.
    If i had to pick right now, id like to see a NFS most Wanted 2. plus there customize of cars is what i want and they did pretty well on, then they can combine carbon and underground 2 in the mix with a little NFS word….
    Yea I Hope they make a NFS MW 2.Overdrive or something.

41. Bartixer July 31, 2013 at 4:36 pm - Reply

I love nfs the run. Please, make the need for speed the run 2

42. Mas Ludicren August 2, 2013 at 3:12 pm - Reply

NFS the Run 2.. I keep playing The Run over and over again I love this game.

43. Mas Ludicren August 2, 2013 at 3:17 pm - Reply

The game starts in a junkyard in Oakland, ca. I live in Oakland and knew exactly where this junkyard was. Also on Highway 580 I have taken the route on the game and In real life. And San Francisco too. Please make the Run 2 we have carbon. The PC Version of this game is super realistic I turned my xbox360 off after the comparison…

44. juggalo210_ninja August 6, 2013 at 12:28 pm - Reply

More action and more story on story mode and also build our own custom car from import ,muscule, exotic,sport, lowrider, nascars, indie, foreign, military, and supercars

45. Reuben November 15, 2013 at 4:38 am - Reply

Need for speed the run is good but it does not have EXPLORE MODE so i want Most Wanted and u should know that i love cars and i judge NEED FOR SPEED and nfs is the run is the lowest that i like despite it’s graphics.

46. Reuben November 15, 2013 at 4:40 am - Reply

Need for speed the run is good but it does not have EXPLORE MODE so i want Most Wanted and u should know that i love cars and i judge NEED FOR SPEED and nfs the run is the lowest that i like despite it’s graphics.

47. Pete November 19, 2013 at 7:08 pm - Reply

I miss the amazing adventure racing games from the past, like Cruisin USA, The World and Exotica, and California Speed. I’m sick of Gran Turismo race tracks and boring normal landscape that I can drive anywhere anytime. Put me racing with great physics and graphics on Venus, or in a clear underwater tunnel, or in ripping through an active volcano, or peeling down K2 during a blizzard, or through Area 51, or through a secret Jurassic Park. Something new and exciting! I could taste just a little of that in the Run, so if they keep going in that direction, give me a Run 2!!

48. Jason F December 7, 2013 at 6:49 pm - Reply

I would love to play both a Need For Speed: The Run 2 and Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2 (Sequel to the 1st Most Wanted). Both are awesome games with awesome story lines.

However, I really would love to play a Need For Speed: Undercover 2 and a Need For Speed: Carbon 2. Those games cannot be forgotten about. These games are just great as the other 2 I mentioned above and the story lines are just as awesome.

Just please, anytime the cops are involved, when there is a Cop Takedown, can we please not change whats on the screen to video on the cop car wrecking? That is so annoying. I can’t see where im going anymore and I have the risk of bad crash or something where I get screwed. Just put the words “Cop Takedown” on the screen and let me keep driving. Ok????? Thank you!!!!!

Other than that the games I mentioned are awesome.

However please dont make any Need For Speed games like the Hot Pursuit game in 2010 or the Most Wanted in 2012 (last year). Those in my oppinion stunk. I thought they were going to be great but they weren’t. No Story line. Just racing. I was glad to be done with those 2 games. I really hope Need For Speed: Rivals is not like those 2 games. I want a story!!!!!

49. Pr0jectil3 March 20, 2014 at 4:56 pm - Reply

Nfs The Run 2… Clearly….

50. cc4rd0n1 April 14, 2014 at 8:17 pm - Reply

Most Wanted and Rivals are disappointments imo compared to The Run…Bring Jack back…and the chick…

Leave A Response