So there is now an update for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the Xbox 360 only now live that gives the game support for the Kinect Motion/Voice Sensor. You can now use voice commands in Skyrim for ‘shouts’ among other things. Since Bioware’s release of Mass Effect 3 and its flawless Kinect voice commands (if used properly) that can detect your voice and choose the right command every time, it has changed the world as far as Kinect development. Microsoft even stated they couldn’t believe what Bioware had done with the Kinect that THEY MADE! This us all to believe that the Kinect has endless possibilities with more and more games being released that support it in different ways. Below you can catch the trailer for the Skyrim Kinect update and below that a command list for voice controlled actions.
There is also news of Skyrim’s first downloadable content. Not much, but the DLC will be called ‘Dawnguard’ and will be out this summer for Xbox 360. On another note on the franchise, it is the 10 year Anniversary of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Here is our Review of Skyrim and other articles here.
With over 200 voice commands you can download a PDF file right here straight from the Bethesda Blog will all the commands. Here they all are!
- Quick Items – Opens inventory
- Quick magic – Opens magic menu
- Quick skills – Opens skills menu
- Quick map – Opens map
- Quick save – Quick-saves
- Quick load – Quick-loads
- New save – Saves data into a new slot
- Pause game – Pauses game.
You must have unlocked the shout at that particular level, and have submitted a Dragon’s Soul in order to use each one.
You can either say the name of the shout or you can say the Dragon speech itself while holding down RB and you can also say as many as you want at a time.
- Unrelenting Force or FUS RO DA
- Dismay or FAAS RU MAAR
- Become Ethereal or FEIM ZII GRON
- Whirlwind Sprint or WULD NAH KEST
- Elemental Fury or SU GRAH DUN
- Clear Skies or LOK VAH KOOR
- Fire Breath or YOL TOOR SHUL
- Dragonrend or JOOR ZAH FRUL
- Call of Valor or HUN KAAL ZOOR
- Call Dragon or OD AH VIING (only one level of this shout available)
- Animal Allegiance or RAAN MIR TAH
- Aura Whisper or LAAS YAH NIR
- Disarm or ZUN HAAL VIK
- Marked for Death or KRII LUN AUS
- Frost Breath or FO KRAH DIIN
- Storm Call or STRUN BAH QUO
- Kyne’s Peace or KAAN DREM OV
- Slow Time or TIDD KLO UL
- Throw Voice or ZUL MEY GUT
- Ice Form or IIZ SLEN NUS
Favorites Menu and Hotkey Equipping
Favorites commands (usable in the favorites menu).
- Health Potion
- Magicka Potion
- Stamina Potion
- Dual wield left
- Dual wield right
- Soul trap
- Fire spell
- Frost spell
- Lightning Spell
- Ward spell
- Ritual spell
- Bound weapon
- Summon spell
- Armor spell
- Calm spell
- Frenzy spell
- Healing spell
Outside of the favorites menu, you can use hot-key items to:
- Equip <hotkey command> – Equips whatever your hotkey is
- Equip dual <hotkey command> – If possible, equips your hotkey in both hands
- Equip left <hotkey command> – Equips in left hand
- Equip Sword and Shield, Equip Mace and Shield, Equip Axe and Shield, Equip Dagger and Shield – Equips a hotkeyed sword and shield to your right and left hands.
- Equip Right – Equips to right hand
- Equip dual weapons – Does what it says on the tin
Say ‘Ally’ followed by these commands:
- Follow/Follow Me
- Wait/Wait Here
- Open – Ally opens container/Door you’re looking at
- Stand – Ally stands where you’re looking
- Retrieve – Ally picks up item you’re looking at
- Attack – Attacks the NPC you’re looking at
- Interact/Use – Initiates generic action command
With your item menu open choose to say:
- Sort By Name
- Sort by Weight
- Sort By Value
When done say (at a higher tone):
- Close Menu
While you’re bartering, you must activate the commands by saying ‘THEIR’, followed by:
Choose your own items by saying ‘MY’, followed by the same commands above.
Sorting while Bartering:
- Sort by Name
- Sort by Weight
- Sort by Value
- Close Menu
While looking inside a container with items, the commands work the same as the barter ones above, with a couple of different additional aspects which are:
- Set Loot Limit – Sets the value of the Loot Items command. Can be 0, 10, 50, 5, 25, 100
- Loot Items – Takes all items from a container whose value-to-weight ratio is greater than or equal to the loot limit. For example, if the loot limit is 100, an object with a weight of .1 and value of 100, would have a value to weight ratio of 1000, so it would qualify. If the loot limit is zero, only weightless items such as gold/lockpicks are taken
While in the magic menu:
- Active Effects/Effects
Same as above, the commands will open the corresponding sub-menu.
With your map open use these voice commands:
- Player/Where Am I? – Hones in on your exact location
- Waypoint – If you have a marker assigned, the camera will snap to it.
- Quest Marker/Quest – Centers camera on active quest. Saying it again will move to another quest.
In the skills menu, you can say the following to center the camera on that skill’s tree.
- One Handed
- Two Handed
- Heavy Armor
- Light Armor