15 Best Video Game Quotes

Quotes

While gamers play through some of their favorite games they are likely to grow attached to protagonists and other character in an adventure to unlock all secrets involved with the story of a game. While playing through these dramatic scenes it is likely the player will hear characters converse with other character which creates the perfect opportunity for a quote. Over the years of gaming there have been some really great quotes. Here are the best video game quotes of all time, in no particular order! (Some of the content in this article is rate M- for mature)

1. “YOU CAN’T KILL ME!”-Call of Duty: Black Ops (Frank Woods to a Vietcong soldier on the level ‘Payback’)

2. “It ain’t no secret I didn’t get these scars for falling over in church”-Red Dead Redemption (John Marston)

3. “He was once engaged to my sister, but his cazzo was engaged to six others” –Assassin’s Creed (Ezio on Duccio)

4. “So you’re Julius’s new boy huh? You don’t look like much. But then again, I don’t look like I have an eight inch cock. So I guess we’re both full of surprises. “ Saints Row (Johnny Gat speaking with the main character)

5. “I’ve covered wars, ya know.” Dead Rising (Frank West)

6. “Boy, it’s a shame you have to sit on something that pretty.”- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Nathan Drake to Chloe climbs up a latter in front of him to kick it down)

7. “The train’s at home on the rails!”-Gears of War (Augustus Cole ‘Cole Train’ in the Imulsion Mines)

8. “It’s me-Mario!”- Almost every Mario game in the history of time… (Super Mario)

9. “A nosey old hag like you know everything about the people who live under her roof. Where did she go?” LA Noir (Cole Phelps ‘The Silk Stocking Murders’ Homicide Case)

10. “Now I know I’m a lowlife.” Grand Theft Auto IV (Niko Bellic after hiring a prostitute)

11. “I think I’m gonna call this one Mac’n cheese!” SSX (Mac Fraser while performing a trick after jumping)

12. “COME HERE!”-Mortal Kombat (Scorpion’s 2nd saying when he uses the spear)

13. “Thanks to you, we can once again eat the delicious rocks from the Dogondo’s cavern ‘til our stomach burst!” The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (a Goron)

14. “Twinkle, twinkle, little bat. Watch me kill your favorite cat.”- Batman: Arkham City (The Joker)

15. “Hey, is that a mirror in your pocket? ‘Cos I can See myself in your pants.”- Mafia II (Joe Barbaro in Home Sweet Home)

Did your favorite gaming quote not make our top 15 list? If your favorite quote didn’t appear on the list above don’t hesitate to leave a comment to spread the joy of your favorite game and characters also!

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati
Author: Heather Spears View all posts by

15 Comments on "15 Best Video Game Quotes"

1. Avatar of Jim Girgenti
    Jim Girgenti April 30, 2012 at 12:57 pm - Reply

These are awesome!

2. 1 April 30, 2012 at 1:29 pm - Reply

“The cake is a lie.” ???

3. justin April 30, 2012 at 7:55 pm - Reply

“Facilities be damned, I need a bathroom!” – Max, Sam & Max Hit the Road (1994)

4. Avatar of Shaun Ray
    Shaun Ray May 1, 2012 at 2:17 pm - Reply

“all your base belong to us”

5. Connor May 17, 2012 at 12:01 am - Reply

“I need a weapon” – Master Chief
    “War – war never changes” – Fallout Narrator

And, the best of them all:

“Wort wort wort!” – Random-ass Elites in Halo.

6. Joe May 27, 2012 at 2:10 am - Reply

Holy crap where the hell is “War never changes” – Fallout 3… by far my favorite video game quote EVER!

7. Nate June 10, 2012 at 9:44 pm - Reply

Fallout new vegas, getting into the siere madre, thats not the hard part, its letting go or let go and begin again. anouncer in dead money
    Fable 2, You don’t talk much do you, hammer to main characer
    Mortal combat, FIGHT, every match
    Clay fighters- Poo Poo Platter- i forget
    Jedi Academy, You are not a Jedi, multiplalyer jedi taunt
    Time splitters- ITS TIME TO SPLIT, or that was cool, cortezes catch phrase and after he drops to key to his past self in the second level.

8. Myron July 31, 2012 at 1:36 pm - Reply

‎”You CANNOT judge me! I am JUSTICE ITSELF! We were ment for more than this. To protect the innocent. But if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then i will no longer stand as your brother….”

- Tyrael: Arch-Angel of Justice (Diablo 3)

9. just4thululz October 6, 2012 at 3:50 am - Reply

Oh come on, GLADOS. Need I say more?!

10. RobDohChannel November 26, 2012 at 1:11 am - Reply

“War never changes.” isn’t from Fallout 3. It’s from the earlier Fallouts.
    Also, the Jackal’s speeches should be in here.

11. Ailodierap January 20, 2013 at 3:02 pm - Reply

“Best video game quotes of all time”? Most of these are from games released in the last five years… and I mean, “YOU CAN’T KILL ME!” is not a memorable or powerful quote at all. It’s every macho man character in a shooter ever.

• Cellivision February 12, 2013 at 7:50 pm - Reply

How about
      “Oh hi, how are you holding up? BECAUSE I’M A POTATO!”
      From Portal 2

12. codballer March 7, 2013 at 9:53 pm - Reply

“sometimes what’s true and what is, isn’t always the same”(Achilles Davenport to teenage connor in marketplace)

“you can choose the game Niko Bellic, but you cannot change the rules”(Dmitri Rascalov to Niko Bellic on boardwalk)

“If you moved that quick before, i’d still have my pants” (Daxter to Jak after being saved)

13. Ben April 8, 2013 at 6:49 pm - Reply

“No Gods. No Kings. Only Men.”

“A man chooses. A slave obeys.”

“Would you kindly?”

“Does a man not deserve the sweat of his brow? No, says the man in Washington. It belongs to the poor. No, says the man in the Vatican. It belongs to God. No, says the man in Moscow. It belongs to everybody.
    “I chose something else. I chose the impossible. I chose Rapture. Where the artist would not have to fear the censor, where the big would not be constrained by the poor. So come with me and with the sweat of your brow, you too can make Rapture yours!”

Bioshock is f**king awesome.

• Mitch June 7, 2013 at 6:28 am - Reply

Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt

Leave A Response